Start Date: 2018 in Fall River.
Massage Therapy info. sessions:
September 28th Thursday @ 5:30pm
October 19th Thursday @5:30pm
December 14th Thursday@5:30pm
Coastal Career Academy’s Massage Therapy Program provides 720 hours in the art and science of massage. Our focus is the mind-body connection, and how caring, competent touch can promote healing. Students practice their skills in a supervised, clinical setting. The program is three 12 week terms divided between classroom and clinical experience giving the student a strong foundation in massage therapy.
Admission into the Massage Therapy Program requires that the applicant:
* Attend an information session
* Schedule an individual interview
* Apply using the online application
* Students must maintain a 75% average in all courses
* Adhere to the attendance policy
* Adhere to the dress policy
* Has the physical mobility and dexterity to perform massage therapy services
The required courses for the Massage Therapy Program are:
- Massage 1
- Massage 11
- Clinical Practicum 1
- Massage 111
- Professional Ethics & Practice Management
- Clinical Practicum 11
Our classes will begin on January 23, 2018.
Class size is limited – early application is recommended.
Program Outcomes: Completion of the Massage Therapy Program --
- Qualifies students to apply to the Massachusetts Massage Board for licensure.
- Plan and organize an effective massage and bodywork session
- Perform a massage and bodywork session for therapeutic benefit
- Develop and implement a self-care strategy
- Develop successful and ethical therapeutic relationships with clients
- Develop a strategy for a successful practice
- Identify strategies to participate in professional organizations and pursue professional development
720 hour program. 3 Terms. $2000.00 per Term
Tuition: $6000.00 plus books and materials.
- Evenings: Tuesday Wednesdays and Thursdays 5:30-9:00pm
- Saturday Clinic 9:30am-5:30pm
- Days: Tuesday,Wednesdays and Thursdays 9:00-5:00pm
- ESSENTIALS OF HUMAN ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY – ELAINE MARIEB 12THED
- TRAIL GUIDE TO THE BODY – ANDREW BIEL
- MASSAGE THERAPY, 5TH EDITION – SUSAN SALVO – Sandy Fritz Fundamentals of Therapeutic Massage
- A Massage Therapist’s Guide to Pathology-- Ruth Werner 5th edition
- Medical Conditions and Massage Therapy -- Tracy Walton
- Business Mastery – Cherie Sohnen-Moe